Overheard: In my Sexy Voice

09.19.08

4pm Thursday Afternoon I call my husband’s office.

ME: Hi, can I speak to him?

ASSISTANT: Uh, I think he’s in a meeting.

ME: It’s okay, I’ll be quick and I just need his input for something time sensitive.

Hold music for a moment….

HIM: Hi honey. Is it important? [I can hear that I’m on speakerphone]

ME: Uh, yeah, if you could just pick up the phone for a minute, it’s sort of personal.

[I can hear him pick up the reciever]

ME: I can make you regular chocolate chip cookies tonight or I can can make chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips, but I need you to make a decision.

And then the phone line went dead. Completely and utterly dead. I looked out the window and I didn’t see any power lines out.

Sometimes it’s all very confusing.

8 responses to “Overheard: In my Sexy Voice”

1. Carlota says:

My husband has gotten calls like that hehe…

2. Anna Lefler says:

If I ever called my husband and said I was cooking ANYTHING, all I’d hear coming through the line would be hysterical laughter. What can I say? The man knows me.

3. binaryblonde says:

I’ve made similar calls and received similar results. Hehe.

4. googiebaba says:

I have Jen at work, pulled her away from treating kids with cancer to complain about a weird discoloration on my arm, and does she think its skin cancer?

5. Soupdiva says:

I too have had similar responses to the same type of calls. I always have bad timing with that. So, what kind of cookies did u end up making?

6. Gunfighter says:

Like my wife would ever call me with stuff like that…. if she did, she would have gotten what you got.

7. Gunfighter says:

Addendum: The reality is that when either of us are busy and we see eachothers number come up, we just don’t answer.

8. Andrea says:

LMAO! My husband would totally hang up on me too…but I’d be furious about it!