A Big Announcement: I’m One of 11 Moms

04.1.09

I want to thank Wal-Mart for allowing me the opportunity to write with them.

elevenmoms_badge

I am pleased to report that I am now officially one of Eleven Moms.

In future posts I’ll have the opportunity to share money saving tips with you, great products and exclusive discounts. As you know Wal-Mart is all about building communities and they give so much to us Moms, especially the Mom Blogging community.

It’s both humbling and exciting and I hope you’ll join me on my new adventure.

#AprilFoolsDay

41 responses to “A Big Announcement: I’m One of 11 Moms”

1. Cacai M. says:

Hi, am not a mom but a wife. I hope I could still have been with you in such community. On the other way, my hubby and me is a huge customer of wal-mart, everytime we have something to buy we goes in there even if it’s far-away from our house. It’s that we can save a lot and the quality is of good one too just like the other stores. So then, am happy for you of your achievements! God bless you more!

2. feener says:

congrats and looking forward to hearing more from it.

3. MammaLoves says:

An hour ago, I would not have gotten this.

Good. Very good.

4. amyz5 says:

what’s the date again?

5. Ginny says:

Pretty much perfect, Jessica!

6. shana p says:

I see what you did there… and I like it – even though it took me a minute ;)

7. Yo mama says:

I’ve always liked WalMart. No membership fees, no club cards, no attitude, just low prices. Now that the economy has turned around, all those bleeding heart liberals (I’m one) who vilified Walmart (I NEVER vilified them) may have to rethink their shopping habits. WM offers low prices and employment. Work related health benefits are a thing of the past. WM was just ahead of the curve by limiting benefits. By the way, I’m wearing a White Stag top from WM as I write this.

8. Googie Baba says:

I’m going against the crowd here, but I feel a little like Dylan’s fans must have felt like when he signed up with Columbia records.

Jessica. Walmart? And the paragraph that starts, “In future posts..” doesn’t sound like you at all. I think you have been eaten by the Borg.

Sorry.

9. Tali says:

Man I was so confused there for a second. I actually had to read the comments to get it. Heh.

10. Rebecca says:

Almost immediately, I was like “Yeah, right.” But for a split second I thought you had abandoned all common sense ;)

11. ilinap says:

Ha! You are good. Very good.

12. Mrs Pop says:

You totally got me for about 10 seconds… You are good! ;)

13. Florinda says:

I thought you MEANT this for a minute or two. Happy first of April!

14. sam says:

It might help my quick recognition of your tomfoolery that this isn’t the first ridiculous thing I’ve read today.

15. Donna says:

LOL. Good one, Jessica.

16. will you have a discount code for Motrin sometime soon?? I can only hope ;)

17. Fightin mad Mary has the best comment — you’re very good at the practical jokes, Jessica!!

Unless you’re serious, in which case I say, Congrats!!

18. chris says:

awesome way to begin April! ;)

19. MammaLoves says:

Fightin Mad Mary wins!!!

20. Selfish Mom says:

You’ve inspired me to tell my husband I’m pregnant when he gets home.

21. Jennifer says:

All day I’ve been shaking my head at this, thinking how? Why? Yes, it took a while (four hours later, mind you, while I was picking my daughter up from school) until the date clicked in. I thought I had escaped the day without a hoax but you got me…good. Now back to reality.

22. Googie Baba says:

The scream you heard coming from Boston is the sound of me realizing how gullible I am.

23. Myrinda says:

ok for like half a second…and that was PRE coffee…
    My 5yo got me today too, telling me DH was already home…evil child, LOL!

24. annie says:

I guess if it’s a paying gig then go for it and congrats. Wally has questionable ethics though so be careful.

25. Ari Herzog says:

This is a joke? You had me clicking to the site but I didn’t see your name. However… I did click to the ElevenMoms profiles, and counted 23 including some mommy bloggers I know and I’m guessing you know, too; so you could easily figure out how to be profiled there.

26. NenetteAM says:

Super evil! :) I love it. Good one!

27. Katja says:

Awesome Jessica :)

28. Wow, congratulations :) I know I’m late but I swear I would not have fallen for it – love some of the comments you got though. I met a woman who worked at wallmart.com at a womens leadership conference and could not help but share some of the controversy – “they get way more than shampoo” was her response.

29. Darryle says:

Even a day late this is my favorite April Fools joke this year.

30. Have you seen my letters to Wal-Mart: http://www.jackassletters.com/index.php/asking/wal_mart_stores_inc_pt_1/

And

The first letter seems to reflect your views, the second was an ignored complaint letter and was totally true. I still go there occasionally, but I drive 20 minutes out of my way to go to the one that doesn’t have horrible customer service.

Although the last time I went the girlfriend and I were returning a $3 lightbulb. We had to go to a guy on the way in to get the bulb stickered, so we could get in the returns line to get our money back, just so we could buy the one we actually needed.

Just sticker it, let me trade it at the register, and I’m happy. They couldn’t have made it more complicated if they had tried!

31. Roxanne says:

you totally had me. well done.

32. Leah says:

I totally thought you were serious…I was like, hey, she hates Walmart…what’s up with that?

33. Lindsay says:

Oooh, JG, if you get any fair trade coffee coupons, please share them with me!!! KTHNX bai!!

34. Rhea says:

I was thinking “What The Hell.” So glad it’s a joke LOL

35. Brenna says:

That is hilarious… and had me there for just a second wondering what had happened to you!

36. Tasha says:

I knew this could not be true. Hell hasn’t frozen over. :)