Earlier this week, at the Tupperware party I had a few remarkable conversations. Rick Goings (the CEO of Tupperware) was telling me about the growth of the company, and (unlike any other man in his position) he wasn’t talking to me about the product. Rick was talking to me about the people. He said that the way to success is to, “find a great parade and walk in front of it.”I suspect that Rick does a lot more than lead a great parade. What I heard was that women in India and the Philippines were changing their lives. I listened as Brooke Shields talked about the early days of Tupperware Parties and the fact that men didn’t necessarily love the idea of their wives working. Tupperware is more than pop culture. Tupperware has always been about women joining together.
I understand that the mission of Tupperware the brand must be to be to fulfill the needs of it’s shareholders. I can’t shake the notion that the mission of Tupperware’s CEO was empowerment of women and girls, and that the money was just one component.
I’m not sure if the party felt warm and inclusive because it was a great party or if that was a result of it being a fundraiser for the Chain of Confidence and SMART Girls. I’ll give you a few highlights and then I’ll get to the giveaway:
- Rick Goings was wearing beautiful shoes. I was convinced they were Stubbs and Wooton, but he cannot remember the details, they are Italian. I realize now that men and women are very different as we remember every shoe purchase with love and reverence. I realize that there are more important things to ask the CEO of a Fortune 1000 corporation, but I’m a Mommy Blogger, not the New York Times. Deal with it.
- Maureen McCormick is one of the kindest women I’ve met in years. She has a gentle manner and clearly adores her family. I was literally shaking when I walked up to her, as we all wanted to be Marsha growing up. What I found out was that she is a woman of both depth and beauty, and I’d really like to buy her book, but part of me feels like it would be eavesdropping on her life. I still want to be her when I grow up.
- Susan Porcaro Goings walked in the door, saw that I was having a wardrobe mishap and pulled some Hollywood Tape out of her purse. Susan is my new hero. Cuz, ya know… charity starts at home right?
- Kate Flannery is amazing. Super bright and she gave me a ton of tips for my pending Chicago trip. She’s on a fantastic show and while the Emmy Nominations were being made, Kate was giving money to charity. (yes, I have a little girl crush… leave me alone)
- Ruby was there, I did not get to meet her, but I’m very excited to follow her story. I think anyone who knows me knows that I am passionate about what we eat and how we move our bodies. I think she’ll have the journey of a lifetime, and it’s incredibly brave to let the world watch.
- Ally Landry was there and I know you won’t believe me, but she is more beautiful in person than in photographs. It’s like my eyes got airbrushed. She clearly won the DNA lotto and she’s smart and nice too. Trifecta!
- I didn’t get to meet Penelope Ann Miller or Stacy Keebler, but I did get a minute with Wendy and Beau Bridges and I really look forward to more time with them all.
Now, let’s talk Tupperware. Here’s what Tupperware is about to do for you. One lucky reader will get $243 worth of Tupperware. These are my absolute essential items (note the corkscrew – Mommy needs wine) I use the salad spinner each and every day, and the Flat Outs are incredible because they store flat and go in the dishwasher flat too.
Quick Chef– valued at $53.50
Stuffables Super Set valued at $45.50
Flat Outs! 6-pc set valued at $54.50
Tupperware Corkscrew valued at $29.50
Twistable Peeler– $13.50 (I have an unhealthy addiction to this)
Spin & Save Salad Spinner– $47.00
You can enter up to three times.
1. Leave a comment here along with a note about your favorite tupperware product
2. Send out a tweet with a link to this contest, and leave a link to the tweet in the comments.
3. For three entries, post a link to this contest on your blog. Your pingback will be three entries.
I’ll put all the entries on a list and number them, then I’ll call my mom and she’ll pick a number. Hurry though, you get one week! This contest closes at noon pacific time, July 25th.