Last week my friend Erin won a $1,000 gift card from Vons. Yep, $1,000 just for running through the store and preparing (not cooking) dinner for four, for $25 or less. You can read about it in today’s Daily News.
I don’t have a thousand dollars for anyone, but I do have a hundred. Here are the rules:
- Create a family dinner for $25 or less
- Post your recipe and the ingredients on Whrrl
- Handmade LA will be judging, that means my friends can enter (except you Jeff Rago, cuz you shop there too)
- The contest closes next Wednesday promptly at noon pacific time
- Use the hashtag #Vons in your story (preferably in the title so it can be found)
And here are some tips for you
- The yellow tags are everyday low prices, look for them, they make it easy
- O Organics brand is another show stopper
- Buy produce in season and it will be less expensive (anyone for pumpkin soup?)
- It’s easiest to sign into Whrrl using facebook connect
- To start a Whrrl story you can click the green button at the top of the page on Whrrl or download it to your iPhone.
If you need inspiration, read more here:
Ready, Set, Cook!
Here in Los Angeles we’re mostly Vons, but this is a national competition, if you are in any part of the USA I’d love to have you participate, other stores include:
- Vons (CA)
- Pavilions (CA)
- Genuardi’s (Delaware Valley—PA, NJ)
- Dominick’s (Chicago Metro)
- Carrs (Alaska)
- Randalls (TX)
- Tom Thumb (TX)
You can enter from anywhere in the US, but this is where your $100 gift card will work.
UPDATE: you can leave your recipe right here in the comments if you prefer.