Last night there was a ridiculous fascinating discussion on twitter about how much Mommy Bloggers make.
Well, if you want to sponsor a post my rates are public over at Social Spark. Note, that I’ve taken exactly one sponsored post with them thus far, why? Because even with cash being flung my way, I’ve got to believe in the business. I’m mostly a business atheist.
Kelby Carr believes that Mom Bloggers deserve to get paid. I mostly agree with Kelby. Kelby and Gwen Bell then went on to have a twitter discussion about how much money Mom Bloggers make. One mom went so far as to create a poll. I won’t link you to the poll. Instead I will point you to ten of the much less personal questions that Mommy Bloggers answer each and every day.
1. Bikini waxes hurt more after childbirth. Don’t ask me why, just know that the inbetween is ouch.
2. You might poop when you’re pushing the baby out. Really, on the birth table, in front of your husband. That a father goes anywhere near a vagina is a testament to the power of man’s innate need to procreate.
3. Sometimes romance turns into a vagina on fire. Well, not fire, but uncomfortably hot (bad), which should not be confused with hawt (which is good)
5. We assert that men can love us and beat us. It is always true, because it is always our perception.
7. We share our adoption stories, even when it shows a family’s frailties.
8. We do before and after Botox pictures, and we don’t deny the Botox (take that Brangelina! both of you)
9. We overdose at 7 months pregnant, and tell you.
10. We announce on the Oprah Winfrey show that we aren’t having sex. Really.
If that isn’t revealing enough for you then nothing ever will be. After you show me your husband’s pay stub, I’ll be sure to show you mine.
What’s a Mommy Blogger worth? What’s a copywriter worth, or an associate producer? Show me yours and I’ll show you mine. Nah. Nevermind.