Every phone call starts the same way.
“Jessica, my friends ask me what you’re up to and I don’t know what to say.”
“Tell them I’m a blogger.” I respond.
“But how do you make money as a blogger?” She asks.
And then I sigh, really loud, because if I had to spend several hours explaining to my mother just how a blogger makes money then I’d have to charge her a consulting fee. Because I think we all know that every douchebag with minimal knowledge of HTML and CSS (can’t sell shit) is a social medial consultant.
Here’s what I do for a living.
- I take care of my kids and my husband
- I play tennis and go to lunch
- I tell you my stories on Whrrl
- I blog about my family and sometimes overshare
- I use twitter
- I’m launching an ad network, soon I hope
- I’ve got an app waiting for approval in the iPhone store
- I’m going on Dr. Phil to tell you moms don’t suck
How do you make a living doing this? You didn’t really expect to get all my secrets, did you?
Need something else to read? My interview is live with Social Media Club LA.