The Day that Oprah Called: Well, her People Called
Almost two week ago you might have seen this on my facebook timeline.
And to be fair it wasn’t Oprah that called or I might have actually been nice when I answered.
It began like this:
ME: This is Jessica
OWN NETWORK: Hi this is [a really nice lady] from OWN the Oprah Winfrey Network.
ME: [still not interested, sure that it’s going to be another craptastic pitch] How are you doing?
OWN NETWORK: Great. I’m calling because of Oprah’s Lifeclass.
She went on to explain the Lifeclass for this year and how it’s going to be in St. Louis and in New York City and she would be on the road with Bishop T.D. Jakes, Iyanla Vanzant, Deepak Chopra and Tony Robbins. I continued not paying attention because I get these phone calls all the time and I don’t really cover events that I’m not at.
And then she said, “And we’d like you to travel with us.”
And she kept talking and I tried to not scream and I hadn’t written down her name, number email address or anything but I was able to stutter out, “I need to check with my husband but I really want to go.”
All the while I’m thinking, “I don’t care WHO takes care of the kids, it’s a total of nine non consecutive days, I’m not missing this!”
And then we didn’t talk again so I thought maybe I’d hallucinated.
And then we did talk again and I realized I was the luckiest woman in the world. When we talked more I saw that a handful of other bloggers would be on the tour. I made a twitter list of everyone involved (but of course you can’t add yourself to your own twitter lists) and I used a dormant twitter ID that you don’t need to follow.
So I’ll be in St. Louis and New York with Oprah and her traveling band of celebrities and overachievers. For now I’m panicking about what to wear, which should prove to you that I haven’t an ounce of common sense because what I should be doing is researching the incredible talent that is going to be taking this adventure with me.
Tickets are available this week only. It’s a lottery system so be sure to go to Oprah.com and get your tickets. I’d love to see some friendly faces. Here are some details from the site:
– The taping at Peabody Opera House in St. Louis will take place on Monday, March 26, 2012.
– The taping at Radio City Music Hall in New York City will take place on Monday, April 2, 2012.
– The time commitment for the afternoon taping in St. Louis is from 12:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. CT, featuring Bishop T.D. Jakes as the guest teacher.
– The time commitment for the evening taping in St. Louis is from 5:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. CT, featuring Iyanla Vanzant as the guest teacher.
– The time commitment for the afternoon taping in New York is from 12:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. ET, featuring Deepak Chopra as the guest teacher.
– The time commitment for the evening taping in New York is from 6:30 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. ET, featuring Tony Robbins as the guest teacher.